California Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Process
The California Social Security Disability process can be immensely complex and confusing. In addition to serious illnesses, injuries or disabilities, the bureaucratic nature of the process can add further levels of immense stress.
Partnering with a trusted and skilled attorney is immensely beneficial in understanding your rights and how to address all issues to maximize your chances of obtaining benefits. At the Law Offices of Melissa A. Proudian, we help people through the Supplemental Security Income application and Social Security Disability Insurance processes. These steps consist of:
- Social Security Disability Insurance ( SSDI) Initial Application
- Having worked on more than 7,000 cases in excess of two decades of practice, Melissa A. Proudian will ensure that you provide Social Security with all appropriate documentation regarding your impairments, all medical records demonstrating a doctor’s opinion regarding the ailment or ailments in question, and addressing their effect on your own individual function.
- Request for Reconsideration
- If your SSDI application has been denied, it is important to not give up hope. You can request a reconsideration within 60 days. We will help you submit additional medical evidence, as necessary, in the best possible way.
- Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge
- Assuming one is denied during the reconsideration process, it is possible to request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. We help clients build the strongest possible evidence of their disability in pursuit of a favorable decision. If dire circumstances are present, we may be able to expedite the process. Additionally, our team may be able to appeal further to the Social Security Appeals Council, the United States District Court or the United States Court of Appeals.
We Have The Experience You Need
With more than two decades of experience, we are well-prepared to handle any type of case. We encourage you to get in touch with our office as soon as possible, regardless of where in the process you find yourself. To contact the Fresno Law Offices of Melissa A. Proudian and schedule a free initial consultation to discuss how to apply for Social Security Disability with our attorneys, please call 559-554-1455 or email the firm.